If you are in the market for a window air conditioner, there are a lot of factors to consider. How big is the room? What type of climate do you live in? How energy efficient do you want your unit to be? In this guide, I will help you find the best Amana window air conditioner for your needs. I will compare and contrast some of the most popular models on the market, and help you decide which one is right for you.
I have seen hundreds of Amana window air conditioners installed during my time as an HVAC design engineering in New York City, so I definitely know what works and what doesn’t!
So, whether you are looking for a budget-friendly option or an energy-efficient model, we have you covered. Stay cool this summer with our comprehensive guide to the best Amana window air conditioners!
Bottom line: If you’re looking for an air conditioner that’s both powerful and energy efficient, the Amana White 15,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner With Remote Control is the best option for most customers. It’s perfect for cooling medium to large rooms up to 700 square feet and features three different fan speeds, so you can adjust the airflow to suit your needs.
Plus, the remote control makes it easy to adjust the settings from anywhere in the room. With a SEER of 11.9, this air conditioner is also one of the most energy efficient models on the market. So, if you’re looking to save money on your energy bills, this is the perfect option for you.
- Amana White 15,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner With Remote Control – Best for Large Rooms
- Amana AMAP081BW 8,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner With Remote Control, White – Best for Smaller Rooms
- Amana 6,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier and Remote – Best Option with a Dehumidifier
Who Is Amana?
In business for over 85 years, Amana U.S.A. is a world leader in commercial and home HVAC systems. Amana U.S.A.’s products are known for their quality, durability, and efficiency, and the company offers a wide range of options to meet the needs of any customer. From central air conditioners and furnaces to ductless mini-splits and packaged units, Amana U.S.A. has a solution for every climate and every space.
Amana U.S.A.’s commitment to quality begins with its research and development team, which works tirelessly to create products that outperform the competition while still being more affordable and easier to install and maintain. This commitment to quality is evident in every aspect of Amana U.S.A.’s business, from the way its products are designed and manufactured to the way they are sold and serviced.
Amana U.S.A.’s products are available through a network of independent dealers and distributors who are trained to provide expert advice and support. These dealers and distributors are backed by a team of factory-trained technicians who are ready to help with any installation or service issue that may arise.
When it comes to HVAC systems, Amana U.S.A. is a name you can trust. With a commitment to quality, innovation, and customer service, Amana U.S.A. is a dependable choice for all your heating and cooling needs.
Read Also: The Best Amana Portable Air Conditioners.
What to Look For in a New Window Air Conditioner
When you’re in the market for a new window air conditioner, there are a few things you should keep in mind in order to make sure you choose the best possible option for your needs. First, consider the size of the unit. You have to pick an air conditioner appropriate for the space you need to cool; if it’s too small, your room won’t get cold enough. On the other hand, picking a unit too large is wasteful and might not even fit in your window.
Another important consideration is the features offered by different units. Some units come with remote controls, timers, and energy-saving features. These can be helpful if you want to be able to control your air conditioner from a distance or save on your energy bill.
Nowadays, it is almost essential for all air conditioners to have Wi-Fi connectivity. This allows you to control your unit using your smartphone or other smart devices. Some units also come with voice control, so you can simply tell your air conditioner to turn on or off.
You must also think about the noise level of the unit. Some window air conditioners can be quite noisy, so if you have sensitive hearing or simply don’t want to listen to the unit running all day and night, choose a quieter model.
Let’s go through each of these aspects of window air conditioners in detail.
Interesting Read: How to find the Best Vertical Window ACs.
The BTU, or British Thermal Unit, is a measurement of heat energy. In more layman’s terms, it takes one BTU to increase the temperature of one pound of water by exactly one degree Fahrenheit. This will determine how much cooling power the unit has and how well it will perform in your space.
The size of the room you’re cooling will also play a role in choosing the right BTU rating for your needs. As a general rule of thumb, you’ll want about 20 BTUs per square foot of living space. So, if you’re cooling a 200-square-foot room, you’ll need a unit with at least 4,000 BTUs of cooling power.
Keep in mind that larger rooms will require more BTUs to achieve the same level of comfort as a smaller space. If you have a room with high ceilings or lots of windows, you may need to add an additional 10-20% BTUs to your calculation.
When choosing a window air conditioner, it’s important to select one that’s properly sized for your needs. Overloading a small unit will cause it to work harder and less efficiently, while undersizing a unit can leave you feeling uncomfortably warm. Use these tips to choose the right BTU rating for your new window air conditioner and enjoy cool, comfortable indoor temperatures!
Read related AC guides based on BTUs:
- Best 6,000 BTU Air Condtioners
- Best 8,000 BTU Air Conditioners
- Best 15,000 BTU Air Conditioners
- Best 20,000 BTU Air Conditioners
- Best 24,000 BTU Air Conditioners
Looking for a new window air conditioner? Be sure to pay attention to the noise level! After all, you don’t want your new air conditioner to be so loud that it’s constantly bothering you and your family.
There are a few different things that can affect the noise level of a window air conditioner. First, the size of the unit will make a difference. Generally speaking, the larger the unit, the louder it will be.
Another thing to keep in mind is that different air conditioners have different levels of energy efficiency. The more efficient the unit, the less noise it will generally make. So, if you’re looking for a quiet air conditioner, be sure to pay attention to the energy efficiency rating!
Finally, be sure to read reviews before you purchase any window air conditioner. Many people will mention the noise level in their review, so you can get a good idea of what to expect.
When you’re in the market for a new window air conditioner, it’s important to consider the unit’s Wi-Fi capabilities. Many of the newer models on the market come equipped with Wi-Fi, which allows you to control the unit remotely from your smartphone or other device. This can be a great convenience, especially if you’re away from home and need to adjust the temperature.
Wi-Fi also allows you to receive updates and alerts from your AC unit, so you can always be aware of its status. And if there’s ever a problem with the unit, you can easily troubleshoot it without having to call a service technician. Overall, Wi-Fi is a great feature to look for in a new window air conditioner, and it can make your life a lot easier.
When searching for a new window air conditioner, it is important to consider the features that are available. Some features that may be important to consider include:
- Thermostat: The thermostat on an air conditioner allows you to control the temperature of the unit. This is important in order to ensure that the air conditioner is set at a comfortable temperature.
- Adjustable Fan Speed: Adjustable fan speed allows you to control the amount of airflow that is produced by the unit. This is important in order to prevent too much or too little airflow.
- Remote: A remote can be a very useful feature, as it allows you to control the unit from a distance. This can be especially helpful if you have a hard to reach unit.
- Programmable Timer: A programmable timer allows you to set the air conditioner to turn on and off at specific times. This can be very helpful in saving energy, as you can program the unit to turn off when no one is home.
- Air Direction Control: Air direction control allows you to direct the airflow from the unit in a specific direction. This is helpful in order to ensure that the airflow is directed where you need it most.
- Filter Type: The type of filter that is used in an air conditioner is important to consider. Some filters are better at filtering out pollutants and allergens than others. Choose a filter type that will best suit your needs.
How Does a Window Air Conditioner Cool?
A window air conditioner is one of the most popular types of air conditioners on the market. They are relatively inexpensive and can be installed in almost any window. But how does a window air conditioner actually work?
The basics of how a window air conditioner works are actually quite simple. It uses a refrigerant to absorb heat from the air inside your home and then releases that heat outside. The refrigerant is circulated by a compressor.
To understand how the refrigerant absorbs heat, it helps to think of it like a sponge. The molecules in the refrigerant are able to absorb heat from the air around them and then release it outdoors. This process is what makes your window air conditioner able to cool your home.
One of the most important parts of a window air conditioner is the evaporator coil. This is where the refrigerant absorbs heat from the air inside your home. The evaporator coil is typically located behind the air conditioner’s front return grille.
As the refrigerant absorbs heat from the air, it vaporizes into a gas. This gas is then drawn through a series of coils in the compressor. As the gas passes through these coils, it pressurizes and becomes very hot.
The now-hot gas is then released into the condenser, and as the gas cools, it condenses back into a liquid. This liquid is then drawn back into the evaporator coil to start the process all over again.
The entire process of how a window air conditioner cools your home happens quite quickly, typically in just a few minutes. And because the refrigerant is constantly being circulated, your window air conditioner will continue to cool your home even when the outside temperature rises.
Best Amana Window Air Conditioners on the Market
As one of the most popular window air conditioner brands on the market, Amana is known for their quality and efficiency. If you’re in the market for a new window air conditioner, Amana is a great option to consider.
Below, I’ll take a look at some of the best Amana window air conditioners on the market right now. We’ll discuss features, pros and cons, and pricing so you can make an informed decision about which Amana window air conditioner is right for you.
There was a number of selection criteria that I used to curate this list of the best Amana window air conditioners on the market. To start, I looked at a number of different Amana models and compared their features. This included things like the cooling capacity, the EER rating, the noise level, and more.
I also read through a lot of user reviews to get a sense of what people who had actually used these units thought about them. Next, I looked at the energy efficiency of each model to find those that would help keep utility bills low. Finally, I took price into consideration to find air conditioners that provided good value for the money.
Based on all of this information, I was able to narrow down my list to the five best Amana window air conditioners on the market right now. If you’re in the market for a new Amana window air conditioner, then be sure to take a look at this list. I’m confident that you’ll find the perfect unit for your needs.
Amana White 15,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner With Remote Control | AC For Rooms Up To 700 Sq.Ft | 24H Timer | 3-Speed | Auto-Restart Digital Display | AMAP151BW, 15000
Amana is a trusted name when it comes to appliances, and their air conditioners are no exception. The Amana White 15,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner With Remote Control is one of the best window air conditioners on the market, perfect for cooling rooms up to 700 square feet.
This air conditioner has a number of features that make it stand out from the competition. First, it has a remote control so you can adjust the temperature from anywhere in the room. Second, it has a 24-hour timer so you can set it to turn on or off at specific times.
Third, it has a three-speed fan so you can choose the perfect setting for your needs. Fourth, it has an auto-restart function that allows it to turn back on after a power outage. Finally, it has a digital display that makes it easy to see the current temperature and settings.
Overall, the Amana White 15,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner With Remote Control is a great choice for those looking for an efficient and powerful air conditioner. It’s perfect for cooling down large rooms quickly and easily.
- 15,000 BTU air conditioner can cool a room up to 700 square feet
- 3-speed fan settings and 24-hour timer
- Auto-restart feature ensures the unit turns back on after a power outage
- Digital display is easy to read
- Some customers have found the remote control to be difficult to use
- Installation can be tricky for some people
- The unit is a little on the noisy side
Amana AMAP081BW 8,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner With Remote Control, White
The Amana AMAP081BW 8,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner With Remote Control, White is one of the best Amana window air conditioners on the market. It’s packed with features that make it a great choice for anyone looking for an energy-efficient way to cool their home.
- First and foremost, the Amana AMAP081BW is an Energy Star qualified appliance. This means that it meets or exceeds federal guidelines for energy efficiency, which can help you save money on your monthly utility bills. The unit also features R-410A refrigerant, which is more environmentally friendly than traditional Freon-based air conditioners.
- In terms of cooling power, the Amana AMAP081BW is capable of cooling up to 350 square feet of space. It has three different fan speeds, so you can adjust the airflow to your preference. And, the 24-hour timer allows you to set the unit to turn on and off at specific times throughout the day.
- The Amana AMAP081BW also comes with a remote control, so you can adjust the temperature and fan speed from across the room. Plus, the included window installation kit makes it easy to set up and take down as needed.
All in all, the Amana AMAP081BW 8,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner With Remote Control, White is a top-of-the-line Amana window air conditioner that’s sure to keep your home cool and comfortable all summer long.
- It can cool a small room quickly and efficiently.
- The remote control is a great feature, allowing you to adjust the temperature and settings from anywhere in the room.
- The unit is also very quiet, making it perfect for use in bedrooms or other places where you don’t want to be disturbed by a noisy AC unit.
- It does not have a very long cord, so you may need to purchase an extension cord if you want to use it in a larger room.
- The window mount can be a bit tricky to install, so you may want to get someone to help you with that.
- The remote control can be finicky, and sometimes the buttons don’t respond properly.
Amana 6,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier and Remote
The Amana 6,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier and Remote is one of the best options on the market, thanks to its many features and benefits.
To start, the Amana 6,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier and Remote offers 6,000 BTUs of cooling power. This is perfect for smaller rooms or apartments up to 250 square feet. The unit also features three different fan speeds, so you can customize the airflow to your needs.
In addition to its cooling capabilities, the Amana 6,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier and Remote also features a built-in dehumidifier. This can remove up to 1.6 pints of moisture from the air per hour, helping to keep your home or office comfortable and free of allergens and other irritants.
The Amana 6,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier and Remote also comes with a remote control, so you can adjust the settings from anywhere in the room. The unit also features an energy-saving mode, which can help to lower your utility bills.
Overall, the Amana 6,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier and Remote is a great option for anyone looking for a reliable and affordable window air conditioner.
- It is very quiet compared to other air conditioners.
- The remote control is very convenient.
- The dehumidifier function works well.
- The air conditioner does not cool the room as quickly as some other models.
- It is a bit more expensive than some similar models.
Air conditioners have come a long way in the past few years. They are now more energy efficient and can be controlled from your smartphone. Amana window air conditioners are some of the best on the market and will keep your home cool all summer long.
Thanks for reading my guide to the best Amana window air conditioners. I hope you found it helpful!
Question: How much do Amana window air conditioners cost?
Answer: Amana window air conditioners typically range in price from about $200 to $700. However, prices can vary depending on the specific model and features. Some models may be cheaper, while others may be more expensive. Additionally, installation costs can also affect the overall cost of the unit.
When deciding which Amana window air conditioner is right for you, it is important to consider the specific needs of your home or office. The size of the unit, energy efficiency, and other features will all play a role in determining the final cost.
Question: Can I install an Amana window air conditioner myself?
Answer: Installing a window air conditioner can be a challenging do-it-yourself project, but it is possible with the right tools and instructions. There are a few things to consider before attempting to install a window air conditioner, such as the size and weight of the unit, the type of window it will be installed in, and whether or not the window has an existing sill. With careful planning and attention to detail, most people can successfully install a window air conditioner.
The first step is to choose the correct size air conditioner for the room you want to cool. It is important to select an air conditioner that is properly sized for the space, as an undersized unit will not cool effectively and an oversized unit will cool too quickly and waste energy. Once you have selected the correct size air conditioner, install it in the window according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Question: How do I clean my Amana window air conditioner?
Answer: First, you should unplug your Amana window air conditioner unit from the wall outlet. Next, remove the front panel of the unit by unscrewing the screws that hold it in place. Once the front panel is removed, you will be able to access the filter. The filter should be removed and cleaned with warm, soapy water. Allow the filter to dry completely before putting it back in place.
Next, you will need to clean the evaporator coils. The coils can be accessed by removing the outer casing of the unit. Be careful when removing the casing, as there are wires and other components that could be damaged if handled roughly. Once the casing is off, you should be able to see the coils. Use a coil cleaning solution and a soft brush to clean the coils. Be sure to rinse the coils thoroughly afterwards.
After the coils are clean, you can replace the outer casing and screw it back into place. Finally, put the front panel back on and screw it in place. Your Amana window air conditioner unit is now clean!
Question: What is the best way to cool my room with an Amana window air conditioner?
- Start by opening the window that the Amana air conditioner will be placed in. Make sure there are no objects obstructing the window or blocking the airflow.
- Once the window is open, measure the width of the window opening to ensure you purchase an air conditioner unit that will fit.
- Choose an installation location for your Amana air conditioner unit. It should be as close to the center of the room as possible so that cool air can evenly circulate throughout.
- Follow instructions in the manual to properly install your Amana air conditioner unit in the chosen window. Make sure all four corners are properly secured.
- Plug in your Amana air conditioner unit to a power outlet and press the “Power” button to turn it on.
- Set the thermostat to your desired temperature. The fan speed can also be adjusted at this time.
- Close the window once the unit is turned on. You may want to place a towel or blanket at the bottom of the window to prevent cold air from escaping and hot air from entering.
- Enjoy your now cool and comfortable room!
Question: How much electricity does an Amana window air conditioner use?
Answer: The power consumption of an air conditioner depends on a few factors including the size of the unit, the efficiency rating, and the climate. A 12,000 BTU Amana window air conditioner will use about 900 watts of power when it is running. The power consumption will be less when the unit is first turned on because it is not working as hard to cool the room. In cooler climates, the power consumption will be lower because the air conditioner does not have to work as hard to remove heat from the air.
The estimated cost to operate a 12,000 BTU Amana window air conditioner for one month is about $33. This cost will vary depending on the price of electricity in your area. For example, if you live in an area with high electricity rates, the cost to operate the air conditioner will obviously be higher.